Again, I found this when I was taking a bath on my bathroom (man! Bathroom was my source of inspiration!). My shirt was red, and my bathroom was dark and I saw that the wall become red. I think that realtime GI can be made by using point light. Here’s my research, you can develop it further.
- Add a Point Light Game Object and set it as a Child of your object that you want to add a GI.
- Set the render mode on Point Light to Important.
- Also, set the position of Point Light to 0,0,0. So it could be centered on your object.
- Optional, if you only want that environment to receive a GI, you can set your Environment object’s layer to ” Environment ” and you also need to set the GI Light’s Culling Mask only ” Environment “.
- If your object are long, you can add more point lights.
- You should adjust the GI Light intensity and Range. Make it more realistic.
Yeah, it’s very simple right ? This is just a research, you can develop it further. And here’s my screenshot.