It’s actually not new thing, but since many people ask me how to do it, then yeah I decided to make some writing about this.
What you need :
So here’s how you do it
- Download the 360 Panorama Capture asset and import it to Unity
- Select your main camera or camera to be rendered, and put Capture Panorama. Leave the settings default.
- REMEMBER to set the IMAGE FORMAT to JPEG. If you use PNG, you’ll have to convert that again to JPG.
- Press play if you see it’s good enough.
- In play mode, press [P] to capture the panorama, the screen would fade to black, don’t do anything while screen is black.
- Then you’d hear a sound effect and screen fade off. That’s mean the rendering is done.
- Now go to your root folder, folder where Unity put stuff like Assets, Library and stuff.
- Now bring those file to where you put the exiftool.exe
- You might need to rename your exiftool to just exiftool.exe
- Then press Shift + Right Click on the explorer and choose Open command window here.
- Copy this code to command window
- exiftool -ProjectionType=”equirectangular” photo.jpg
- That photo.jpg is your 360 photo file name.
- Then press [Enter]
- And yeah ! You will get the JPG once it done, now it’s ready to upload to Facebook as 360 photo !
Also, I have uploaded few assets on my Asset Store, be sure to check it out.