So I found out how to Import PMD / PMX to Unity. My old trick uses Blender, PMD Importer, and FBX Exporter. It was like this below, (mine was old anyway…) *keep scrolling for a simpler way*
- One Teaspoon of Blender (I use 2.71)
- A cup of Sugiany Blender MMD Tools
- a PMD Model of course
- And 1Kg of Patients
And it was really long and hard and it doesn’t even have an automatic physics configuring! And then I found this good guy posts about MMD4Mecanim which only import PMD / PMX to Unity Assets folder and it’ll automatically do the magic and poof! You got PMD model on Unity.
Why MMD4Unity ? Isn’t MMD just enough ?
- Unity has Mecanim, it’s easier (for me) to animate especially a lazy person like me (too lazy to reanimate every locomotion for every model)
- Unity 5 now has full access of epic post processing. Depth of Field! Bloom! Motion Blur! Edge Detection!
- And many more…
What you’ll need for MMD4Mecanim,
And here’s how to import your PMD / PMX Model to Unity
- Download and extract PMD / PMX Model, copy whole folder to Unity Assets folder
- Then you’ll found there’s a MMD4Mecanim assets file (It has Unity logo)
- Read the License agreement and then click process.
- If you have a VMD File (MMD’s Motion data), copy your VMD data to Unity Assets and put your VMD to Animation Clip field.
- Then press process
- Always remember to set Animation Type to Humanoid then press Apply. If you not, no animation can be played unless you import a VMD file.
- Remember to select your Animator controller and Check Apply Root Motion and turn on Bullet Physics
- Now add your processed FBX to your scene, it’s now compatible for all your Mecanim like ThirdPersonHumanoid. If you want to add VMD to your mecanim, just Create a New state then put your anim-ized VMD there, and play.
- Flawless isn’t it ?